As of now I am sitting in front of my computer screen chomping on my grape pop-tart. I don’t really have the words to say what I would like to say. So I will make this up as I go. Let’s do this!
So as you all know I am a bit of an anonymous blogger. I have used only one picture of myself in one of my posts just recently. I am a bit like Daft Punk in the sense that no one really knows who I am. For me when I read a blog, I like to feel a connection with the person who is “speaking” to me. I feel that if I truly introduce myself I will feel better and maybe others can put a face with the name. On top of that, I want to expand my horizons a bit and I can’t do that if I don’t formally introduce myself.
So before I reveal the wizard behind the curtain that rules over this Kate-ish version of Oz, I thought I would like to tell you a few things about me. (Come on, you know I wasn’t just going to give it to you just like that did you? We have to lay the groundwork first.)
Now here are ten random facts about the random girl you are about to meet:
1. I hate pickles and raisins. I know. How un-American of me. I just can’t bring myself to eating either without making cringe faces or gagging a little.
2. I have collected 132 records in the last two years. These records range from REO Speedwagon, Bryan Adams (*sigh* Bryan…), and Perry Como. If you don’t know who these people are please look them up! They are awesome.
3. I am double-jointed. It freaks people out a bit so I don’t tell too many people. (Well, except you guys. You’re welcome.)
4. I am an INFJ. I have been tested and certified. So I’m kind of like a unicorn. Kind of.
5. I have an obsession with old things, especially cameras. I actually collect cameras and I am attempting to get one of them up and going. This involves long hours looking up PDF articles on the internet and a gruesome pile of camera parts scattered on my floor. It’s a messy job.
6. I play piano, guitar and ukulele. I would like to learn banjo (I know, how Southern of me) but as of yet I have not had the opportunity. The ironic thing is that I don’t care for country music. Off with my head.
7. If I could change my name I would want to be called Ella. Something about that name is simple yet feminine. I believe it means “little fairy” or something of that nature. Don’t get me wrong, though. I love my name.
8. I constantly have to be touching something around me to be happy. Especially when I’m nervous. That’s why situations in which I should be extra still and uniform give me nightmares. I have to feel free and languid to be happy. Otherwise I just stand there gripping my clothes with a panicked gaze.
9. I have curly hair. As in when I wash it and blow dry it, it comes out just as you will see below. No products, curling irons or magic needed. You can’t fake that frizz. Believe me.
10. I constantly write in cursive. I. Hate. Printing. It’s sad that so many people can’t even read cursive any more, much less write in it. To me it looks so pretty and it makes scratching something down easier.
So, you’ve endured the list. I am proud! Oh yes, and I have one more fact…
11. This is my face.
Shew. That was a little scary. Is it weird that I’m shaking a little? I hope you all have a fantastic day! It’s so nice to formally meet you all! Stay amazing.
Loads of Love,